Monday, November 14, 2011

Little Things 2: The plainest day

Overcast.  Intermittent rain.  I missed my window to go outside and harvest the last of my herbs. The light is already dimming.

My son reads his homework on the futon.  The dishes are all washed.  Julia arrives home with a treat in her bag for all of us:  pre-season (packaged) egg nog--organic, naturally, because if you're going to splurge, you want the cleanest, the purest, sweets.  My son smacks his lips with wide eyes.

In just a few minutes, we will meet with another possible caterer for our son's bar mitzvah in February.  This is the third option we've explored.  It's not easy having a bar mitzvah while one of us is unemployed and the other is underemployed.

Nothing is easy.  Yet everything is good when I pay attention.  Everything is just fine.  We have nothing to complain about.  Oh, yes, aches and pains here and there.  Nothing serious.

Just a great deal to be grateful for, even on a cloudy day with winter on its way.